There are an estimated 320 000 annual drowning deaths worldwide. Drowning is the 3rd leading cause of unintentional injury death worldwide, accounting for 7% of all injury-related deaths.
It is important to develop awareness about water safety especially when SG coaches are unable to chat to children about it in lessons during lockdown. We have put together water safety quiz for children below to see how much they already know. You can learn more about water safety advice here.
- True or False: You should never swim alone.
- True or False: Your swimming lesson is about to start; you should run on poolside instead of walk to your lesson.
- True or False: You have learnt to dive, so it is okay for you to dive head first in any pool.
- True or false: It’s fine to go swimming outside in the dark.
- True or false: It’s fine to go swimming when you cannot see the bottom of the pool clearly.
- True or False: You should never push anyone in the pool
- True or False: You don’t need to wear a life-jacket on a boat if you know how to swim
- True or False: A baby under 1-year-old is allowed to swim in a pool.
1.True 2. False 3. False 4. False 5. False 6. True 7. False 8. True
We will be posting water safety quiz part 2 shortly, so watch your space!