We have missed teaching and we are really looking forward to welcoming swimmers back to our pools. After receiving the UK government’s announcement regarding the date for opening swimming pools, we have been working tirelessly with pool owners and coaches for the safe return of our lessons, as we had done last summer. Thorough steps have been taken to safeguard the welfare of Sports Generation swimmers, families, pool owners and our coaches. In addition to deep cleaning, we have carried out a risk assessment following STA (Swimming Teachers Association) guidelines and have put in place measures to provide a safe environment.
Our commitments to Sports Generation families:
All Sports Generation coaches and staff are required to: –
- Maintain social distance unless a swimmer needs support.
- Stay at home when unwell, have COVID-19 symptoms and to follow NHS guidelines.
- Follow Sports Generation COVID-19 secure operating procedures.
- Carry out routine cleaning to keep our pools sanitised.
- Take their temperature daily at the pool and to record.
What we have done:
- We have deep cleaned each pool before opening.
- We have enhanced daily cleaning protocols for all pools.
- We have carried out a risk assessment.
- We have reduced the class sizes to minimize the bather loads in the pool and support social distancing on the poolside.
- We have created designated family seating stations on poolside to keep social distancing.
- We have new circulation routes in each site to support social distancing and avoid congestion.
- We have provided hand sanitisers at the entrance and inside the pools.
- We have closed off some communal and changing areas of pools.
- We have separate entries and exits where possible.
- We are carrying out frequent pool tests before, during and after lessons, dependent on the pool and the day lessons are taking place.
- We have created designated teaching areas to support social distancing.
The safety of Sports Generation families and coaches remain as our top priority. We will continue monitoring guidelines from the Government and governing bodies and act quickly to implement changes accordingly.
If you have any questions regarding our swimming lessons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0208 940 9431.